In 1950, Tom McKenzie and Bill Ridley pooled their resources to form McKenzie and Ridley Ltd. As licensees to Foster Wheeler, they pioneered the manufacture and installation of packaged water tube boilers in Australasia and have installed water tube boilers in capacities ranging from 11,000 kg per hour up to 68,000 kg per hour, with design pressures up to 6,000kPa and superheat temperature to 400°C. The Company ceased manufacturing in 2003 and was succeeded by-
McKenzie and Ridley (Kawerau) Ltd
McKenzie and Ridley (Kawerau) Ltd is a privately owned New Zealand company having its head office and workshop in Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty.
The nature of our company’s origins have resulted in a reputation for expertise in steam generation, waste heat and waste fuels equipment, pressure vessels, plant installation, plant upgrade, multi-sized pipe reticulation and food processing machinery.
In recent years the field has expanded to include installation of multi fuel equipment to take full advantage of fuel economies in steam generation plants.
McKenzie and Ridley (Kawerau) Ltd are accredited with ISO 9001:2008 for the Design, fabrication, installation, commissioning, servicing and maintenance of boilers, pressure vessels, plant and equipment.
- The senior staff of McKenzie and Ridley (Kawerau) Ltd have experience in the dairy, steam, geothermal steam reticulation and pulp and paper plants.
- Staff are experienced in all facets of maintenance, repair and operation of stationary, marine boilers and other factory equipment, and are also available to supervise the installation and commissioning of new units or upgrades and to train operating staff as required.
- Our team of welders are experienced in welding to the various Codes that apply.
- The Company retains a group of skilled servicing personnel available at short notice.
- We have licensed Boiler Operators available for shift work operation of solid fuel and gas fired boilers on request.